Operations, Technical Innovations
December 2-3 – Renaissance Seattle Hotel – Seattle, WA
Pacific Maritime Magazine’s eNavigation® Conference continues to be the only e-navigation conference in North America organized by the operations sector of the industry for the operations sector of the industry.
The 2015 eNavigation® Conference will cover a variety of navigational topics that affect vessel operating companies, mariners, ports and government regulators and policy makers.
We will address national and international e-navigation developments as they affect the US maritime industry, and expand our discussions to include technical innovations and their affect on navigation, training and communication.
Three themes identified at the 2014 conference will be explored in 2015:
1. The evolution of electronic aids-to-navigation: weather, hydrographic and commercial application
2. Technical developments in navigation equipment
3. Impact of e-navigation on bridge resource management, communication and training
Discussion topics include:
The Mariner Speaks
• How the industry view of e-navigation differs from those of IALA and the IMO
• How do we cut through the noise? Does more information make the mariner better—or merely distracted?
The Future of e-Navigation
• Hydrography, weather prediction and other technical advances
• Changes in VTS in the US and Canada Communication and Training
• Validation and verification of data
• Security of data
For more information contact Denise Philips at
206-284-8285 or email@example.com.
"...This annual event contributes greatly to the mariner’s understanding of developments in navigation technology and practices. It also provides users of navigation technology with an opportunity to share their experiences and knowledge with those who set legislative and regulatory policies surrounding e-navigation and sustainable and responsible maritime operations.”
American Pilots Association